Sunday, February 28, 2010

five orange fish

This is the painting I'd been working on in class, see previous post.
Finally finished it, I learned a great deal about the use of color glazes. This project taught me about layering color, somewhat of a watercolor technique utilizing oils. My eyes kept playing tricks on me while doing this one. What was under the water and what was above? To be honest it looks a lot better than what I'd anticipated, there were so many new techniques to master.
Details: oil, 8X10 on canvas board.

1 comment:

  1. I like this painting. You did a nice job with the illusion of water, peering into it and across it. I like all the variety of colors in the painting.

    I also like that the image is larger on this blog post. It makes it so much easier to see the images. How great is that to click onto the picture and see it really large for all the detail, too.

    ReplyDelete