Sunday, January 17, 2010

in season

My newest endeavor. . . .
I'm currently working on what I have titled the pepper project. I'd began this last September, letting it slide to the wayside for the remainder of 2009. Just recently I've started back on them with my return to painting class this January. My self imposed goal is to learn the blending of colors, I want it to become second nature. What better way to learn . . repetition, repetition, repetition. I still have some more work on all four canvases. I must admit I'm struggling with the green colors a bit. My hope is to have them all finished up by the end of this month.

2 comments:

  1. They all look really good. Each one has slightly different nuances. Are you working from a photo? real life? Yummy! love all the colors in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I'm working from a photo of a painting from a back issue of The Artist magazine. I did look for some real peppers at the grocery store but found nothing simular to the shapes of the red or yellow ones. I did take some pictures of vegtables the other day thinking they might work for a future still life. Time will tell if I take that idea any further than a photo.

    ReplyDelete